How to apply
After your completed application and supporting documents are submitted and you've paid your application fee, the process takes 10 working days.
1. Know what you need to provide
With your application, you'll need to supply:
- a detailed description of your project or activity
- the full name and address of each owner of a property with an infringed boundary
- a completed approval form from each of these property owners, including their signatures on the plan.
Written approval for deemed permitted boundary activity (507KB PDF)
You’ll also need to supply a plan of the site drawn at a usable and identified scale (preferably 1:100 or 1:200) showing:
- all property boundaries
- all contours (including any retaining walls on or near the boundaries)
- any waterbodies
- any buildings already on site, with their height and site coverage calculations
- the proposed buildings/additions, with their height and site coverage calculations
- building recession planes along all boundaries for both existing and proposed buildings
- any proposed earthworks, showing how they comply with the District Plan rules.
Note: We can’t assess applications that don’t have the required supporting documents. If we find your application is incomplete, you’ll need to resubmit it.
2. Submit your application
Alternatively, fill out the paper form below.
Application for deemed permitted boundary activity (503KB PDF)