How we monitor your conditions
You'll be charged per hour for the time we spend on:
- site visits (most resource consents will need two or more site inspections)
- reviewing your conditions
- any written communication with you or your agent.
We may agree to reduce the charges if you carry out appropriate monitoring and reporting back to us.
Resource consent fees
Site inspections and spot checks
The number of site inspections you'll need will depend on the size of the project and how well you're complying with your conditions.
Additional inspections may be required if:
- your consent is complex
- there are significant number of conditions imposed
- any complaints have been received.
What happens after an inspection
After each site inspection, you'll receive an email or a letter outlining:
- the conditions you're complying with
- any remedial work you need to do to rectify an issue.
If we're not satisfied you've fixed the problem or it's more severe, you may be issued with an abatement notice – this will outline any actions you need to take.
What you need to do
Most site inspections don’t require you or your agent to be present, but if you would like to be there you can contact the compliance monitoring officer to arrange a time.
If we’re doing spot checks, we may not be able to make an appointment with you.
If you want to change or cancel any conditions
You'll need to apply to us if you want to change or cancel any of your conditions after they've been granted.
Change or cancel consent conditions or a consent notice