Prevent bike theft
- Make sure the frame is securely locked to the bike park with a good quality d-lock or heavy duty chain lock. Just locking the wheels is not good enough.
- Use a lighter cable lock to secure the front wheel to your frame.
- Take all attachments such as lights, GPS and cameras off the bike when leaving locked up.
- Try to choose a high traffic area to discourage potential thieves.
Register your bike
NZ Police have an asset registration system that will automatically alert police if they find a stolen bike.
You can register your bike on the SNAP system at www.snap.org.nz.
Please consider other users of the area when parking your bike.
Keep pathways and thoroughfares clear – pedestrians, wheelchairs and mobility scooters may need to get past your bike.
Don’t block services for other users by locking bikes to water fountains, parking ticket machines, bus stops, etc.
Parking options are plentiful – if you are unsure, move your bike to somewhere where access is better.
Lock in a deal
The following deals on locks are available at Wellington retailers.
- Bicycle Junction – 10% off Kryptonite locks with free shipping. Use code #kryptonite
- Kiwi Velo – 15% off ABUS locks
- Capital Cycles – 10% off ABUS locks
- On Yer Bike, Avanti - 10% off ABUS locks
- Burkes Cycles – 10% off ABUS locks