The Council's Cycling Framework sets out our approach to building Wellington's cycle network.
The framework outlines the:
- overall network plan (what we are trying to connect from where)
- the types of cycleways we want to create
- who we are trying to attract
- the design principles for the type of cycleway we choose to use
- the decision principles for how these are applied to real locations
- the limits for decisions that we will make within the scope of the policy and for decisions that will require further Councillor input.
The framework principles and network plan were agreed at a full Council meeting on 24 June 2015.