A nursery for the Council's work
Berhampore Nursery does not sell to the general public. We recommend your local regional nursery to buy the right native plants for your area.
Working year-round, the Council's Berhampore Nursery:
- grows 100,000 eco-sourced native plants every year for Wellington's gardens, parks, and reserves
- provides plants for Council and community restoration work
- provides horticultural advice, tours, and workshops on plant production and growth
- consults on urban horticulture projects and activities as requested
- hosts an open-day each year for the public.
The plants grown at Berhampore Nursery are all grown from eco-sourced seeds, collected by Council staff. We grow plants that would have originally occurred in an area as they have the best chance of surviving in restoration planting and keep our flora varied and distinct to Wellington.
Plants for volunteer planting
Although Berhampore Nursery does not sell plants commercially, we support volunteer community planting by supplying plants and planting advice to:
- environmental community groups doing restoration planting
- volunteer residents looking to plant public roadside and reserve
Plants for volunteer roadside and reserve planting
Plants for environmental community groups