The Dell is an outdoor space located behind the Begonia House at Wellington Botanic Garden. It's a great place for large picnics, functions and performances, and includes a stage.
During our peak summer period (January and February) and on Cruise Ship days, there will be times when the Dell is not available for hire.
- $100 non-refundable booking fee. Other fees may apply for use of the stage and on-site power.
- Anytime, but no amplified music is allowed after 10pm.
- Unfortunately, the Dell cannot be hired exclusively.
- Three-phase power is available.
- Toilets behind the Begonia House.
- With prior approval only, service vehicles are permitted to deliver and collect equipment. They cannot remain parked at the Dell.
- Parking is available at the Lady Norwood Rose Garden with accessible car parks available near Picnic Cafe.
- Marquees cannot be erected in the Dell during winter (May - October) as the ground is too wet.
- Marquees may only be erected by a company who specialise in marquees (hire companies).
- Check the terms and conditions: Marquees.
- Please remove all rubbish at the end of your event.
- No amplified music after 10pm.
- Service vehicles are the only vehicles allowed in the area.
- The Dell is too wet in winter (April - September) for marquees.
Bookings and payment
To request a booking at this venue, complete the booking form and send it to the Venue and Bookings Coordinator at email@example.com
Wellington Botanic Garden and Otari-Wilton’s Bush site booking form (567KB PDF)
If you've already secured a booking and have been issued a reference number, you can pay online.
Pay a booking fee