Space Place, near the top of the Cable Car, is the ideal place for your next function. Dine under the stars at the Planetarium, and enjoy stargazing with the observatory's historic telescope.
Space Place at Carter Observatory
- Full venue: 150 people for cocktails
- Planetarium: 70 for seated dinner and show
Contact Space Place for details.
Rooms and spaces
- Dine under the stars in The Planetarium – an experience unique in New Zealand
- The OMV Exploration Room seats 30–80 people, catering for up to 100 for cocktails
- The Community Trust of Wellington Library seats 10–12 people
- The Gallery is perfect for coffee and cake or canapes and cocktails for up to 180 people
- Historic telescope with star gazing available on request
- Tailored tours of our multimedia exhibits on our Southern Skies are available
Space Place is in the Botanic Garden, a 2-minute walk from the top of the Cable Car.