The Magpie Lawn is great for sports days.
The Magpie Lawn is a spacious outdoor venue for hire at Wellington Botanic Garden. It's located above the Garden's Glenmore Street West entrance, and below the Mariri Road entrance.
The Magpie Lawn is ideal for:
- company picnics
- team-building days
- sports days
- barbeques (only gas barbeques are permitted).
- $180 non-refundable booking fee. Other fees may apply.
- Unfortunately the Magpie Lawn cannot be hired exclusively.
- The nearest public toilets are 400 metres away in the Main Garden.
- You can hire and set up portaloos at the Magpie Lawn.
- You can bring your own gas barbeque.
- On-street parking available on Glenmore Street.
- Drive-on access for service and delivery vehicles is available by arrangement when booking. Vehicle access is through the West Gate entrance.
- Marquees can't be used at the Magpie Lawn.
- Please remove all rubbish at the end of your event.
- Botanic Gardens are smoke free.
- No use of drones without prior approval.
Bookings and payment
To request a booking at this venue, complete the booking form and send it to the Venue and Bookings Coordinator at email@example.com
If you've already secured a booking and have been issued a reference number, you can pay online.
Pay a booking fee