Built in 1960, the Begonia House is a stunning venue located just minutes from the central city within the Lady Norwood Rose Garden at Wellington Botanic Garden.
The Foyer is available for weddings and civil unions, formal and corporate functions, conferences, exhibitions and formal dinners after it has closed to the public.
- up to 80 people seated dependant on table configuration
- 100 people standing cocktail style
- the fire rating of this venue is 108
- main foyer area (minus the semi-circular window bay) is approximately 113m2 (8.7m x 13m)
$200 non-refundable deposit – hire time is calculated from the closure of the glasshouse to the public
- 4 hours - $750 (minimum 4 hour hire)
- full evening (hire ceases at 1am) - $1100
- refundable bond is required
- From the closure of the glasshouse to the public until 1am
- Functions in the Begonia House Foyer do not include access to the Lily House or Rose Garden.
- Four power points
- Catering kitchen with bench space, water heater and sink (note: no oven or refrigerator)
- Wall heaters
- Strip spot lighting
- Sound system is available for hire at additional charge – please enquire
- No equipment is provided – please hire in tables, chairs, bar etc.
- Disability access through Lady Norwood Rose Garden
- Car park next to Lady Norwood Rose Garden
- Car park access through Centennial entrance, Glenmore Street
- Functions must be pre-booked and include time for setup and clearing away.
- Self-catering is not permitted.
- Music must be kept to a reasonable level, especially after 10pm – all music must stop by 12 midnight.
- The venue must be left clean and tidy.
- Clients are to remove all belongings and rubbish at the end of the function.
- No confetti, rice, flower petals or glitter are to be scattered anywhere in the Begonia House or garden.
- Battery-operated candles only, no open flames.
- No barbecues inside or in front of the Begonia House.
- The Botanic Garden and its buildings are smoke free.
- Premises to be vacated and locked by 1am.
To request a booking at this venue, complete the booking form and email it to the Venue and Bookings Coordinator at email@example.com
Wellington Botanic Garden and Otari-Wilton’s Bush site booking form (130KB PDF)
If you've already secured a booking and have been issued a reference number, you can pay online.
Pay a booking fee