Located on the Circular walk at Ōtari-Wilton's Bush in Wilton, the Troup Picnic Area is a shared open space ideal for groups and school visits, picnics and barbeques.
Find out more about venue hire at the Botanic Gardens:
- Available dawn to dusk, year-round.
- Unfortunately the area can't be hired exclusively.
- Toilet facilities.
- Tap water.
- Push button barbeques. (These run for 20 minutes. For longer cooking push the button again.)
- Main public car park is at the Wilton Road entrance.
- There are also car parks at the Churchill Drive entrance.
Bookings aren't required, however groups should contact the Treehouse Visitor Centre.
Phone: 04 499 1400