Report a problem
Do it online
Find out about recent projects that have been funded by the Built Heritage Incentive Fund.
Wellinton's 'grand old lady' is a classic Edwardian building with an eventful past and a promising future.
Finding the right earthquake-strengthening solutions for these buildings was a tricky task.
Designed in 1927, this building is a good representation of Chicago-style stripped Classical architecture.
As with many of the heritage buildings on Cuba Street, number 216 has an interesting past, a busy present, and now a promising future.
82 Willis Street aka Press House aka The Evening Post building is undergoing seismic strengthening with support from the Council.
Futuna Chapel melds European and Māori design traditions.
Morgan’s Building is one of the over 40 heritage buildings on the Cuba Street strip.
One of New Zealand’s finest churches, St Mary of the Angels, re-opened in 2017 after major strengthening.
The TG Macarthy Trust Building was designed in 1897 and remains reflective of the Victorian era in which it was built.
This substation is one of the city's many heritage buildings that have received funding from the Council.
Trades Hall is a great example of mid-1920s neoclassicism, and is the symbolic home of Wellington Unions.