Winners of the 2019 Wellington Community and Accessibility Awards
The awards celebrate the valuable contribution made by volunteers. Nominations can be made for any not-for-profit group or organisation working in the interests of the community, including one of which you are a member.
The Awards are designed to recognise past achievements and do not exclude community groups who use professionals to support the delivery of services undertaken by volunteers.
Winners of the 2019 Community Awards were announced on 31 July 2019.
The awards have five categories:
- Arts and Culture - Enhance and increase participation in arts and creative leisure activities
- Education and Child/Youth Development - Improvement or enhancement of the educational and social development of children / youth
- Health and Wellbeing - Enhancing the health and wellbeing of our community
- Heritage and Environment - Improvement or revitalising of the environment, culture or heritage
- Sport and Leisure - Increase participation and enjoyment in physical sport, leisure activities and recreational pursuits