Who can apply
Community groups who have had their reserve restoration work approved by the Council can apply for free native plants.
This approval includes the location, plan, and plant-selection for your work.
If you have not received plants from us before, have not had your work approved, or do not have a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with us, contact your local park ranger.
When to apply
Order your plants from October to the end of January.
How to apply
1. Know what you need to provide
You'll need to know the following details when you apply:
- which plants you would like – Berhampore Nursery native plant list
- how many plants you need – you can order up to 500 (with prior approval)
- where you're planting – you need to understand the site conditions
- the approximate date you would like your plants delivered
- the delivery address for the plants
2. Order your plants online
If you need to pause your application, you can 'Save and continue later' in the grey box at the top of the page.
3. We process your request
Once you have submitted the form, you'll receive an automated response that includes details of your request.
We will review your application and contact you either to approve or revise your order. The stock at the nursery will determine might affect which plants are available.
4. You receive your plants
Plant pickup or delivery is from May to August.
- We will arrange pickup or delivery with you based on your application.
- All plant pickup/deliveries are on Fridays.
- We will try to deliver on the date you specify in your order, but this may change.
- If you want multiple delivery dates please place multiple orders.
- Pickup is available for smaller quantities of plants (up to 150) on Fridays between 8am and 3pm. Arrange this with your Park Ranger and make sure your order has been confirmed.
Remember to add your planting area to the No Cut/No Spray Register after planting, to protect your plants in their early stages.
To register, phone the Contact Centre 04 499 4444.
Phone: 04 499 4444