Wellington Emergency Response Team
The Wellington Emergency Response Team is on hand to help the city in a large-scale emergency. It can support the emergency services such as the Fire Service, Ambulance or Police.
In weekly training sessions, team members develop a wide range of emergency skills to recognised standards. These skills are tested now and again in scenario-based exercises and competitions.
- Impact assessment including investigating and gathering information
- Helping with evacuation, security, and cordon and traffic control
- Supporting incident management and communications
- Providing initial medical support
- Giving public advice, messages and/or warnings
- Locating and recovering trapped and injured persons (Urban Search and Rescue team)
- Acting as the local contact for international USAR or similar resources
- Responding to floods and storms, and helping with recovery activities
- Helping with other Civil Defence Emergency Management response activities
- Supporting emergency services including police, fire forces, land search and rescue.
Find out more: wellingtonresponse.org