Pōneke’s newest library, Te Whare Pukapuka o Te Awe, opened in the CBD in July and was an instant hit with the community.
The city may have been in Alert Level 2 restrictions, but that didn’t stop a whopping 1070 items walking out the door on opening day.
Team Leader Jane Brooker says in that first week the library attracted 143 new members, and 52,000 items were borrowed within the first three months – that’s 4000 a week.
Here are the most popular items:
Most issued CD
Most popular vinyl
- Bill Evan: Another Time: The Hilversum Concert
- Benee: Fire on Marzz
- Benee: Stella & Steve
Most popular children’s items
- Ghosts by Raina Telgemeier
- The Sisters Vol. 5: M.Y.O.B. by Christophe Cazenove
- Dog Man and Cat Kid by Dav Pilkey
Most popular adult fiction
- Auē by Becky Manawatu
- The Girl in the Mirror by Rose Carlyle
Most popular adult non-fiction
- Māori Made Easy: For Everyday Learners of the Māori Language by Scotty Morrison
- Vegful by Nadia Lim