In Johnsonville, night work will start on Sunday 12 January and last for five nights, at:
- Moorefield Road from the Johnsonville Road roundabout to Wanaka Street – Sunday 12 January (2pm to 5am) and Monday 13 to Tuesday 14 January (6pm to 5am)
- Bassett Road from Middleton Road roundabout to Ironside Road – Wednesday 15 January, 6pm to 5am
- Moorefield Road at Haumia Street roundabout and a short section of Burma Road – Thursday 16 January, 6pm to 5am.
This work is being done at night over these dates when traffic flows are lighter, some people are still on holiday and schools have not yet returned – although is weather dependent.
Traffic management and reduced speed limits will be in place while the work is being done, but will be open to all traffic during the day when work is not in progress.
Some temporary changes will be made to bus stop locations, with information available on the Metlink website.
Wellington City Council’s Transport Operations Manager Soon Teck Kong says residents can expect some disruption and noise at times.
“Road resurfacing work is unavoidably noisy, but our contractors will aim to carry out the loudest work in the early part of the evenings, as well as keeping noise to a minimum when and where they can.
“We thank people in advance for their understanding while this work is done.”
Other locations in the city where significant road resealing is scheduled for this month include:
- Resurfacing on Courtenay Place, 10-11 January
- Maintenance on Lambton Quay, 6-13 January
- Pre-seal repairs on Ganges Rd, 6-15 January
Find out more about road resealing work scheduled for 2020 with this handy OneMap where you can see all our roadworks across the city or visit our website’s resealing section.