The spring school holidays are here until Sunday 11 October 2020. Here's a guide of activities and ideas to entertain the littlies over the break!
- As always, there are many school holiday programmes on offer all around the city. There’s lots going on at the various recreation centres and pools, as well as at Wellington Zoo, Capital E, and Te Papa. Check out our extensive list of holiday programmes.
- Discover Wellington NZ’s Top 10 Must Dos list. This has everything from visiting the Harbourside Market for a dose of flavour and culture, to catching a behind-the-scenes glimpse of Wellywood at Weta Workshop.
- Wellington City Libraries has an abundance of activities that should keep the youngsters busy and out of mischief. The kids won’t want to miss Make Musical Mayhem, and be sure to keep an eye on the event calendar.
- If the weather packs up, stay warm and dry at home and watch those movies you’ve always wanted to using Beamafilm or Kanopy. Just log in using your Wellington City Libraries library card.
- Keep the teenagers entertained with the online content specially selected for young people. Visit the Teen’s eReading Room using your Wellington City Library card and login.
- The annual Spring Festival at Wellington Gardens is the perfect way to celebrate the season of new beginnings where fresh buds bloom and come to life. There’s lots of events on for the whole whānau to enjoy.
- And don’t forget that there’s always rare wildlife waiting to be spotted at Zealandia, history to be discovered at Wellington Museum, and art and inspiration to be found at the City Gallery.