Following the Government announcement today, Alert Level 1 means most restrictions are lifted but contact tracing is still encouraged at Council facilities.
Below is information about some key services and facilities under Level 1, but please visit wellington.govt.nz/covid-19 for more details – this will be updated at 5pm today.
Pools and recreation:
- All our pools and recreation centres are open
- Club Active and Group fitness classes resume
- Spa pools and saunas are open
For more information about all pools and recreation centres at Alert Level 1 visit wellington.govt.nz/recreation/pools and wellington.govt.nz/rec-centres
Waste, rubbish and recycling:
- Rubbish and recycling collection services are operating as usual
- The Southern Landfill resumes normal service
- The Tip Shop and Recycling Centre resumes normal service
- All library branches are open
- All programmes and events will resume over the next few weeks – please visit wcl.govt.nz for more information
- The Harbourside Market will reopen on Sunday 27 September
- Cremations, funerals and tangihanga – there is no limit on the number of people who can attend a gathering
- E-scooters are operating in Wellington City at Alert Level 1
- Community Centres are open and programmes resume
For the most up to date information about the status of all Council facilities and services please visit the Wellington City Council website COVID-19 section.
For the latest Council news and Mayoral updates: News
For the latest updates on social media: Facebook and Twitter
Metlink has confirmed that face coverings will not be mandatory on board bus, ferry and train services from 22 September 2020. Metlink is encouraging all passengers to log their travel, using the Government’s COVID-19 tracing app for contact tracing purposes.
The Support Services Map shows who to contact for support and essential services and where to find these services in your neighbourhood.
Find Government information and advice: covid19.govt.nz
Businesses and organisations can get QR codes at qrform.tracing.covid19.govt.nz. If you have any problems getting QR codes or with the NZ COVID Tracer app, please contact the Ministry of Health by phone on 0800 800 606 or by email email@example.com.