Under Alert Level 2, Council’s services and facilities require contact tracing and some restrictions will be in place to keep staff and the community safe according to Ministry of Health guidelines.
Ministry of Health guidelines for Alert Level 2 include:
Key information about facilities and services at Alert Level 2:
Pools and recreation:
- All our pools and recreation centres remain open.
- Please keep at least 1m physical distancing for pools, gyms and recreation centres.
- Club Active is open.
- Group Fitness classes at Freyberg are cancelled.
- Group Fitness classes are continuing at WRAC with reduced numbers – booking required.
- For more information about all pools and recreation centres at Alert Level 2 visit wellington.govt.nz/recreation
Waste, rubbish and recycling:
- Rubbish and recycling collection services are operating as usual.
- The Southern Landfill is open but with restrictions in place – the transfer station has reduced capacity by 50% to allow for social distancing and the kiosk is contactless payment where possible.
- The Tip Shop and Recycling Centre are open – the recycling drop-off at the Recycling Centre is delineated to allow for social distancing.
- Contact tracing is in place and landfill users will have their vehicle registrations noted for this purpose alone.
- All Library branches remain open – please visit wcl.govt.nz for more information.
- Please check in when you arrive -– please stay at least 2m apart from other visitors and staff.
- We are limiting the number of visitors to meet social distancing requirements, so please follow guidance from our staff.
- All programmes and events are cancelled.
- The Central Library consultation events for this week are cancelled but you can continue to share your views – please visit wgtn.cc/central-library.
- Motorists are expected to pay for parking in the city – and enforcement will continue.
- Council committee meetings will resume on Zoom and be livestreamed on YouTube until further notice.
- The Harbourside Market will not be open under Level 2.
- E-scooters are operating in Wellington City at Alert Level 2. The e-scooter operators Lime and Flamingo are adhering to Ministry of Transport public health guidance for micromobility in Alert Level 2.
- Community Centres will be open and operating with contact tracing systems in place, but check with your local community centre for information on programmes and services.
- Local Hosts will be operating as per usual, adhering to Ministry of Health guidelines with social distancing and masks as required.
For the most up to date information about the status of all Council facilities and services please visit the Wellington City Council website COVID-19 section wellington.govt.nz/covid-19.
For the latest Council news and Mayoral updates: News
For the latest updates on social media: Facebook and Twitter
The Support Services Map shows who to contact for support and essential services and where to find these services in your neighbourhood.
Find Government information and advice: covid19.govt.nz
Businesses and organisations can get QR codes at qrform.tracing.covid19.govt.nz. If you have any problems getting QR codes or with the NZ COVID Tracer app, please contact the Ministry of Health by phone on 0800 800 606 or by email email@example.com