We’re just as excited to get our hands on a barista flat white as the next person, but it’s important that we don’t forget about the safety protocols which are still in place.
- Remember to observe the 2-metre social distancing rule on the footpath when lining up to collect your food. We’ve been doing it so well at the supermarket; it’s almost become the new normal. Let’s not undo all our hard work now.
- Phone, keys, hand sanitizer? Check. Most places will have alcohol based sanitizer available, but it still doesn’t hurt to carry your own.
- Remember to pre-order. Pre-ordering is a requirement under Level 3, the idea being that you can turn up and simply collect the goods, keeping things efficient and contactless. We recommend you do the research online or call up beforehand to avoid disappointment.
- Be aware of touching shared hard surfaces. Payment should be happening online or at the point of entry and no customer should be asked to come beyond that point. This is about minimising contact on hard surfaces.
- Lastly, make conscious consumer decisions. We’re not going to tell you not to get that burger or long awaited fried chicken, but we will point you in the direction of Wellington on a Plate’s ‘At Yours’ food directory. It's been a tough few weeks for everybody, and our local hospitality industry needs your support now more than ever. So don’t forget about your favourite local restaurant round the corner.
We’re lucky to have access to a few more of our everyday luxuries in Alert Level 3, but it’s up to all of us to stay mindful and respectful in observing important safety protocols. The last thing we want to do right now is be complacent.
Kia kaha Wellington, we’re getting through this together.