Accounts payable process
- Include the purchase order number - The Council will only pay valid invoices with the correct purchase order number.
- Send in your invoice in time - We must receive your invoice by the 5th day of the month after the relevant goods or services were supplied. We'll pay you by the 20th working day of that same month.
- Invoices that arrive late - If we get your invoice after the 5th working day, we'll pay you by the 20th of the next month.
- Billing details - Address your invoice to Wellington City Council. Include GST or other taxes where relevant.
- Post your invoice - Send it to the address stated on the purchase order.
Unless the supply of goods or services is provided under a written agreement with Wellington City Council, acceptance of a purchase order constitutes acceptance of the Council's trade terms.
Wellington City Council Trade Terms (70KB PDF)
The Council has a number of preferred supply arrangements. In most cases, these are selected through open invitation to tender as a part of the process.
Pre-qualified technical consultants
The Council uses a technical consultancy register to source consultants for new engagements valued under $100,000. The register includes specialists such as engineers, architects and project managers. We ask for pre-qualification applications around June each year. To get an application pack, email your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical Consultancy Register (98KB PDF)
Procurement strategy - transport assets
This strategy gives information for contractors and consultants about the Council's programmes of work, as well as its methods of selecting suppliers and programme delivery models. The NZ Transport Agency (NZTA) has endorsed this strategy.
Procurement Strategy - Transport Assets (466KB PDF)
Wellington City Council has made a direct appointment under section 10.11 of the NZTA's Procurement Manual. Details are as follows:
Name of supplier: City Care
Estimated value of work: $100,000 per year for 2 years with the possibility of an extension for a further 3 years
Description of outputs: Reactive maintenance, scheduled maintenance and renewals of the Council's traffic management cameras
Procurement Manual - NZ Transport Agency website