Council Payments Process
Information on the Council's accounts payable process.
Accounts payable process
- Include the purchase order number - The Council will only pay valid invoices with the correct purchase order number.
- Send in your invoice in time - We must receive your invoice by the 5th day of the month after the relevant goods or services were supplied. We'll pay you by the 20th working day of that same month.
- Invoices that arrive late - If we get your invoice after the 5th working day, we'll pay you by the 20th of the next month.
- Billing details - Address your invoice to Wellington City Council. Include GST or other taxes where relevant.
- Post your invoice - Send it to the address stated on the purchase order.
Find out about selling your products to the Council, including our trade terms and supply arrangements.