Building Earthquake Safety

What to do if your building is earthquake-prone and how the Council can help you strengthen your home.

Earthquake-prone Buildings List

Buildings identified as earthquake-prone by the Wellington City Council.

    Strengthen Your Home

    Find out what you can do to strengthen your home and keep your family safer in an earthquake.

    Local and Central Government Roles

    To improve NZ's building safety and keep people safe, government agencies create regulations.

    Earthquake-prone Buildings

    Buildings of two or more storeys or made up of three or more units are covered by our policy.

    Strengthening Council Buildings

    We are strengthening our buildings as part of our work programme to make Wellington stronger and saf...