Below are Council consents, services and fees that you may need to know about as part of your project:
If your project does not comply with the rules of the District Plan, you will need to apply for resource consent.
To find out if your project complies:
- engage a professional to help you - this could be a planning consultant, architect or draughtsman
- talk to a Council planning technician - phone (04) 801 3590 between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
||Resource Consents - Fees
We will process a straightforward consent within 20 working days.
This time frame may be affected if:
- the project is complex
- other parties are affected by the proposal
- the application does not include the right information.
Apply for a consent
To apply for a consent to install a solid fuel heater or fireplace, use the form below:
Minor Works Consent Application Form (114KB PDF) | Text version (311KB DOC)
||Building Consent Fees (981KB PDF)
We process building consents within 20 working days.
This time frame may be affected if the application:
- is incomplete
- does not include all the right information.
||Building Consent - Apply