The Dell, Wellington Botanic Garden - venue for hire
This area is behind the Begonia House in the Botanic Garden and can be used for marquees October - March.
The Dell is an outdoor space located behind the Begonia House at Wellington Botanic Garden. It's a great place for large picnics, functions and performances, and includes a stage.
During the Summer City festival (January and February), there will be times when the Dell is not available for hire.
Find out more about function hire at the Botanic Gardens: Venue Hire at Botanic Garden and Otari-Wilton's Bush (366KB PDF)
- $120 non-refundable booking fee. Other fees may apply.
- Anytime, but no amplified music is allowed after 10pm.
- Unfortunately, the Dell cannot be hired exclusively.
- Three-phase power, located below the law.
- Toilets behind the Begonia House.
- The only vehicles allowed are service vehicles delivering and collecting equipment. They may not remain parked at the Dell.
- Parking is available at the Lady Norwood Rose Garden.
- You can put up marquees between October and March by prior arrangement.
- Marquees may only be erected by a company who specialise in marquees (hire companies).
- Check the terms and conditions for marquees: Marquees
- Please remove all rubbish at the end of your event.
- No amplified music after 10pm.
- Service vehicles are the only vehicles allowed in the area.
- The Dell is too wet in winter (April - September) for marquees.
Bookings and payment
To request a booking at this venue, complete the appropriate booking forms:
If you have already secured a booking, you can pay online.
Pay for botanic garden venue