Programmes for Schools
Primary and secondary schools can book visits to the ASB Sport Centre at discounted rates.
The ASB Sports Centre offers three kind of sessions for schools.
Check out kids having fun and improving their sports skills in this video:
Types of sessions
Sport coaching sessions
Sport coaching sessions can be booked for four, six or eight weeks during term time. Students return each week to build on the skills they have learned in the previous week. You can choose one session per week (45 minutes) or back-to-back sessions if you want more time. If you choose more than one session, your group has the opportunity to learn more than one sport.
This is a chance for your group to try out individual sports. You can book in for just one visit, or book a session for multiple weeks to have the students to try out a new sport each week.
Activity day session
Activity days allow the students to play multiple sports for just one day. The booking can be for a full day of activities (10am–2pm), or for just a few 45-minute sessions during the day. You can bring one class or your whole school. Activity days will allow your students to try multiple sports in one day. Activity days can include the use of the inflatables.
Choose from the following sports:
- Ball skills
- Turbo touch
- Ultimate frisbee
Sessions times are Monday to Friday: 9.30am–10.15am, 10.20am–11.05am, 11.10am–11.55am, 12.30pm–1.15pm, 1.20pm–2.05pm, 2.10pm–2.55pm.
Each session runs for 45 minutes.
You can book one session or multiple sessions in a row. For example, two sessions = 1.5 hours, and three sessions = 2 hours 15 minutes.
What is included
- Each school has a maximum of 16 one-way bus trips per term — a one way trip is a bus trip that takes you from your school to the ASB Sports Centre, or from the ASB Sports Centre back to school.
- Each bus can take up to 50 students.
- The ASB Sports Centre will book the buses for your group.
- We provide one instructor per court — more instructors are available for an additional fee.
- Court and equipment
- Each court/sport can accommodate up to 28 students.
- The court and equipment can only be used for the specified sport or activity you have made the booking for.
Each 45-minute session costs $1.50 per student. Payment is for a minimum of 20 students.
We're able to offer this discounted rate thanks to a grant from New Zealand Community Trust.
Request a booking
Terms and conditions
- We accept bookings no earlier than six weeks before the term begins — this gives every school a fair opportunity to use the programme.
- Bookings for the term will close on the third week of the term.
- Your booking is not officially confirmed until you have returned the signed booking contract.