Summer City kicks off on New Year's Eve in Wellington every year and lasts for about three months.
The 3-month festival is full of free concerts, and major community, sports and cultural events.
Summer City 2013
Highlights of this year's festival include:
- ASB Gardens Magic concerts in the Botanic Garden
- Films by Starlight
- Positively Pasifika Festival
- Hertz Sevens
- Te Rā o Waitangi / Waitangi Day Celebrations
- Circus shows
- BOWL-A-RAMA (featuring the world's best skaters)
- Chinese New Year festivities
For more details about Summer City events, see:
Wellington City Council funds the festival, along with help from sponsors. The New Zealand Community Trust is a major funding partner of the 2013 festival.