Cafe culture and the great Kiwi tradition of going out for brunch is well established in the city. Check this guide on where to go for brunch around Cuba Street, other pockets of the city and a couple of beaches for some great views with your breakfast / lunch:
Know Where to Go for Brunch - WellingtonNZ.com
Many of the best bars are hidden down side streets or tucked away unnoticed. Of course half the fun is finding them - to help, here’s a list of some of the best places to steer you in the right direction:
Know the Best Bars in Wellington - WellingtonNZ.com
If you’re partial to a spot of shopping, make some time to stop into a few of Wellington’s boutiques, quality vintage and second-hand shops as well as the weekend’s fresh food and craft markets.
Shopping - WellingtonNZ.com
1. Walk along the waterfront and visit the dynamic and interactive national museum, Te Papa:
Te Papa Tongarewa - Museum of New Zealand
2. Get your city bearings and some of Wellington’s best views:
Mount Victoria Lookout - WellingtonNZ.com
3. Ride the historic cable car to the Botanic Garden:
Wellington Cable Car
4. A guided tour is the best way to get quickly acquainted with Wellington. Meet Wellington’s coffee roasters or take a tour with a movie extra from ‘The Lord of the Rings’:
Guided Tours - Our Picks - WellingtonNZ.com
5. Taste your way around the city. Wellington is said to have more bars and restaurants than New York and is the craft beer capital with its specialist brew bars.
Bars and Restaurants - WellingtonNZ.com
Craft Beer Capital Beer Trail - WellingtonNZ.com
6. Hear the birdsong and spot a tuatara as you walk through Zealandia: The Karori Sanctuary Experience.
7. Get an inside peek into Wellywood at the Weta Cave in Miramar:
Weta Cave Visitor Information
8. Go stargazing and check out an amazing planetarium show:
Space Place at the Carter Observatory
9. Meet the meerkats or feed a lion on a Close Encounter at Wellington Zoo:
10. Head to Cuba Street for a slice of Bohemia, boutique shopping and some of the best coffee in town:
New Zealand’s Coolest Street - WellingtonNZ.com
Positively Wellington Tourism is the Council's regional tourism organisation. See their website for more information about what to see and do in Wellington:
101 Wakefield Street
PO Box 2199
Go to Google map
Receive email alerts with announcements and website updates.
Sign up to receive enewsletters on a range of council activities.
Give feedback or request repairs to Council property.
RSS feeds are available for ePetitions, news and public input sections.