Emergency Response Team
The Emergency Response Team is made up of Civil Defence Emergency Volunteers who commit more of their time as they attend training every week.
The Emergency Response Team can support the emergency services such as the Fire Service, Ambulance or Police during large-scale emergencies including events such as flooding, storms and earthquakes.
Become a volunteer
In weekly training sessions, team members develop a wide range of emergency skills to recognised standards. These skills are tested now and again in scenario-based exercises and competitions.
- Impact assessment including investigating and gathering information
- Helping with evacuation, security, and cordon and traffic control
- Supporting incident management and communications
- Providing initial medical support
- Giving public advice, messages and/or warnings
- Locating and recovering trapped and injured persons (Urban Search and Rescue team)
- Acting as the local contact for international USAR or similar resources
- Responding to floods and storms, and helping with recovery activities
- Helping with other Civil Defence Emergency Management response activities
- Supporting emergency services including police, fire forces, land search and rescue.