Waste Water Treatment Plant and Landfill Joint Committee
Providing governance for joint services by Porirua and Wellington City Councils for the wastewater treatment plant and Spicer Valley Landfill.
Areas of responsibility include:
- overview, input and policy formulation in the joint venture agreements entered into by both Councils, including development of Trade Waste Bylaws
- proposals for infrastructure development and new initiatives
- the Spicer Forest partnership agreement between Greater Wellington Regional Council, Wellington City Council and Porirua City Council on land surrounding the Spicer Valley Landfill
- the budget of joint ventures operation for inclusion in the Councils' Annual Plans / Long Term Council Community Plans
- inclusion in the Councils' Annual Reports
- any proposed service changes.
Power to Act
- The powers of the Joint Standing Committee are described in the Deed Relating to Joint Works dated 22 December 1986 and the powers of the Joint Committee are described in the Agreement Relating to Joint Refuse Disposal Works dated 2 May 1983.
- Setting of fees and charges related to the operation of the Spicer Valley Landfill and recommending the basis for charging for trade wastes at the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Decisions on acceptance of wastes into the Spicer Valley Landfill and Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Porirua City Council:
- Councillor T M Sheppard (Chairperson)
- Councillor S M Dow
- Councillor B E Kropp
Wellington City Council:
- Councillor Ngaire Best (Deputy Chairperson)
- Councillor Andy Foster (Wellington City Council Alternate)
Committee Minutes & Administration