Businesses or operations that need to be registered under the Health (Registration of Premises) Regulations 1966.
You need to be registered under the Health Regulations 1966 if your business or operation falls under one of the following categories.
- hairdressers or barbers
- funeral home
- commercial pool, spa or sauna
- school pool
- animal boarding house
- poultry farm
- an offensive trade, as listed in Schedule 3, Health Act 1956
Have these things on hand to make applying easier:
- your email address
- digital copies of your team's Hygiene Training Certificates.
Which form is for you?
Certificate of registration form
Use this form if you want to register one of the following types of premises.
- You're starting a business on a brand new premises
- You're setting up a business on an existing premises and you won't be running the same type of business as the previous occupier.
Change of occupier form
Use this form if you're taking over an existing premises and you'll be running the same type of business as the previous occupier.
Don't want to fill the form out online?
No worries, just download this PDF and post it in.
Application for Registration of Premises (39KB PDF)
Fees inc GST
|Change of occupier
|Mortuaries / funeral directors
|Pools: commercial pools / spas
|Schools pools (no entry fee)
|Poultry farm / piggery
Late payments are calculated as Charge + 10%. You can pay either online or at the Council's Service Centre.
If you're unsure about which form is for you, or you'd like to speak to someone about your business, contact the Public Health team.