Work & aims
Frequent interaction between local, national, and international bodies in Wellington has resulted in an excellent position to promote relationships between cities internationally.
International relations contribute to Wellington in the following areas:
International relations help the Council to:
- promote Wellington as an attractive city for migration, investment, living and doing business
- promote the city as a tourism destination
- develop overseas contacts and networks
- provide businesses with access to new markets
- raise the city's profile around the world.