The Revenue and Financing Policy is part of the financial policies on our Long-term Plan.
See: Long-term Plan 2021-31 – Financial policies (1.40MB PDF)
The Local Government Act 2002 (the Act) requires Councils to adopt a Revenue and Financing Policy that provides detail on the funding of operational and capital expenditure. This policy illustrates which parts of the community contribute to paying for Council’s activities.
We have set out our policy under the following headings:
1. Policy statement on the funding of operating expenditure.
2. Policy statement on the funding of capital expenditure.
3. Setting the level of revenue from rates.
4. Council’s application of the requirements of the Act.
5. The commercial and residential rating differential and the modifier.
6. Summary of operating revenue funding sources by activity.
7. Individual activity analysis by activity group.