All PDFs on this page open in new windows.
This policy replaces Wellington City Council Consolidated Bylaw 1991, Part 13 (Library), which was revoked from 12 April 2000.
Introduction (25KB PDF)
- What does this policy aim to achieve?
- Why have a Library Policy?
- What does the policy contain?
- What do these words mean?
How Does This Policy Relate to Council's Strategic Direction? (70KB PDF)
- What is in Our City Our Future?
- What is in WCC's Strategic Plan?
- What about other Council strategies?
- What about the Annual Plan and Funding Policy?
- What about other Council policies and plans?
- The role of Wellington City Libraries
The Environment We Work In (24KB PDF)
- Population changes
- Recreation/leisure preferences
- Lifelong learning and information literacy
- Changing technology
- Economic development
- Location factors
- Government legislation and policy
- Other libraries
- Community relationship
- Funding the services
Guiding Principles (20KB PDF)
- Focusing on needs
- Being creative, innovative and "cutting edge"
- Working in partnership
- Organisational values
What We Will Do (30KB PDF)
- Implementation and monitoring
References (13KB PDF)