Monday to Sunday: 7am – 10pm
Note: Depending on bookings, the centre may close before 10pm but no earlier than 9pm
Public holidays: See our holiday hours page.
Wellington Sports Medicine
Monday to Friday: 8am – 6pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Check casual court availability
- 12 sprung-floor courts available for hire, suitable for most indoor sports and recreation activities
- 1,000 person fixed seating for regular club play, and retractable seating for up to 2,000 people (available on request)
- Three meeting rooms
- Four changing rooms with showers, toilets and ice baths (extra fee for ice baths)
- Café with seating for up to 100 people that can also cater for functions in the centre
- 317 free onsite car parks
- Outdoor half court
- Outdoor running track
- Free Wi-Fi
- Two sports control rooms
- First aid area with supplies, physio table and ice machine
See a virtual tour of the Centre:
Ākau Tangi Sports Centre - Google Maps
The building is fully accessible and includes:
- two wheelchair ramps
- two lifts
- 15 accessible showers and toilets
- 12 accessible car parks.
Hire the facilities
You can hire the centre's facilities on a casual or regular basis:
Venue and equipment hire
The following buses stop on Rongotai Road at Troy or Salek streets - only five minutes' walk to the sports centre:
- 12 Strathmore Park - Kilbirnie
- 2 Karori – Wellington – Hataitai - Seatoun
- 24 Johnsonville – Broadmeadows – Wellington – Miramar Heights
- 18e Miramar – Newtown – Kelburn - Karori
An electronic screen showing 'real time' bus arrival information is located in reception.
For more information and timetables, see Metlink website.
Our staff are committed to providing you with an enjoyable and satisfying customer experience. Your comments and suggestions will help ensure that we maintain the levels of service that we aspire to. If you have any feedback, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.