How to apply
The application assessment process takes up to 20 working days.
1. Prepare your supporting documents
You'll need to provide all the documents that would be required for a building consent application.
You'll also need to include:
- proof of when the work was done – for example, signed or dated building contract payments
- a statement of urgency if the work was urgent
- architectural plans related to before and after work was completed
- relevant certifications
- specifications and product information for products used
- PS4s from supervising engineers (if applicable)
- expert opinion reports.
Supporting documents for a building consent application
2. Submit your application
You may need an agent to help you complete the form or documentation.
Using an agent to prepare your application
Our preference is for applications to be submitted through the Simpli portal online.
Applying online allows us to process your application faster and you will be able to track the processing of your application online. You will also save money as you will not need to supply printed plans.
Granted CoAs submitted online will be sent to customers electronically.
Apply online with Simpli
Note: There is a $51.75 (incl GST) fee for submitting an application through Simpli.