Request Council documents

Before you apply for a resource or building consent, you may want to request the information we already have about your property.

Project Information Memorandum (PIM)

A PIM contains Council information that may affect a proposed building project.

Once you have an idea of what you want to build and have some initial plans, a PIM can tell you whether or not your project needs resource consent, building consent and/or other approvals from the Council.

It's optional to get, but it can highlight potential issues and reduce delays for large projects.

Request a PIM

Note: A Land Information Memorandum (LIM) includes historical and current information on commercial and residential properties, and can be helpful if you are interested in selling or buying a property. A LIM includes a list of permits and consents but not the documents themselves.

Building permits and issued building consents

You can request copies of building permits and issued building consents we hold for a specific residential or commercial property through our building consent search service. The information in these varies, and might include:

  • completed consent application forms
  • drainage plans relating to consented work
  • copies of plans and specifications
  • code compliance certificates
  • Project Information Memoranda (PIMs).

Building consent search service

Contact us

The Building Compliance and Consents team is available Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm.

If you have a Building Compliance and Consent related query, you can submit it through our online form:

Send a query

Phone: 04 801 4311