A coupon parking exemption permit allows you to park in coupon parking spaces in your area – you can't park in resident parking spaces.
Confirm that you live in a residence parking area
Before you apply
Check you meet the criteria below and have all the required documentation.
Vehicle registration address
If you own the vehicle, it must be registered to the same address as your application. If the addresses are different, your application will be declined. If you need to, you can change the address of your vehicle online at Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency before you apply.
Check/update your contact details – Waka Kotahi
If you don’t own the vehicle, you must supply a signed and dated letter from the owner authorising you to use it.
You must also explain in writing your connection to the owner and provide a valid reason why you are going to be the main driver of the vehicle.
Your vehicle must have a current warrant of fitness (WoF) and vehicle licence (rego) – please check before applying, otherwise your application will be declined.
Proof of address
As part of your application, you must provide proof that you reside at the address.
We can accept:
- a full copy of a current tenancy agreement with your name and address on it signed by all parties within the last 12 months
- a copy of a letter from the owner of the property stating that you are a tenant signed within the last 12 months
- a full utility bill (electricity/gas or landline/broadband) which shows your name and address and the supply address that is no more than three months old
- a letter from Tenancy Services confirming the lodgement of bond at the property that is no more than three months old
- a letter from Tenancy Services confirming the change of tenants at the property that is no more than three months old
- if you have purchased your property within the last three months, a copy of the sales agreement confirming the vendors, new homeowners and settlement date.
We can't accept:
- a bond lodgement form
- a change of tenant lodgement form
- a cellphone bill
- a rates bill.