Using a parking meter
- Enter your vehicle plate number at the parking meter.
- If required, you can choose the option to pay for a different parking area by selecting 'pay for other parking area' and entering the 'W' location.
- To pay by cash insert your coins to increase the parking duration. Please note that not all meters accept coins. Find out where coin meters are located.
- To pay by debit or credit card (using PayWave) choose your parking duration using the +/- buttons.
- The meters offer e-receipting, removing the need to print a paper receipt. An electronic receipt can be received by scanning a QR code on the meter using your smartphone, or entering your details online.
Using the PayMyPark app
PayMyPark allows you to pay for your parking from your smartphone. It's free to download.
PayMyPark smartphone app
260 meters are card-only and 140 accept coin and card payments. The coin and card meters are available throughout the city.
Find out where our coin meters are located.
Using SmartPark Live
SmartPark Live is a GPS-activated parking payment method which is cloud-based and fully hands-free.
If your chosen payment method isn't working
Please choose another method or use another meter. You can phone our Contact Centre any time on 04 499 4444. If you don't pay for the time you park, you may receive a parking ticket.
Check signs for restrictions
Clearways, bus lanes, special vehicle parking and time restrictions may apply during paid parking hours. Check the signs and parking meter screens for information about how long you can park for.