Full list and details can be found at:
Elected members and wards:
- One Mayor, who is elected by all the city's voters (9 candidates)
- One Councillor for the Te Whanganui-a-Tara Māori Ward (3 candidates)
- Three Councillors for the Takapū/Northern General Ward (10 candidates)
- Three Councillors for the Wharangi/Onslow-Western General Ward (11 candidates)
- Three Councillors for the Pukehīnau/Lambton General Ward (10 candidates)
- Three Councillors for the Motukairangi/Eastern General Ward (10 candidates)
- Two Councillors for the Paekawakawa/Southern General Ward (10 candidates).
Tawa and Mākara-Ōhāriu residents also vote to elect six members to their local Community Boards. Eleven candidates are standing in Tawa and seven in Mākara-Ōhāriu.
To find out more about the candidates head along or tune into one of the many events happening around the city and online. Details can be found on the candidates’ events section of the Council’s website.
Make sure you are enrolled to vote at the election too. You can check your enrolment status at www.vote.nz/enrol. You can enrol up to Friday 7 October and still vote.
Key dates for the 2022 local elections:
- 16-21 September - voting documents delivered.
- 16 September - voting opens.
- 4 October - last day for posting vote by mail. After this date votes must be returned to Council’s secure ballot boxes.
- 8 October - election day – voting closes midday.
- 8 October - preliminary results released.
- 13-19 October - declaration of results.
- October/November - elected members’ swearing in ceremonies.