4. Challenge yourself to a zero-waste food shop
One of the biggest challenges people face when reducing their waste is grocery shopping. To take some of the work out of it for you, the Rubbish Trip have created regional zero waste shopping guides for centres across Aotearoa!
Whether you’re looking for a place to get milk without the plastic bottle, bread without the bag, meat without the tray or just household staples and cleaning products – they’ve got it all mapped out.
Visit their website and get started on your shopping list today.
5. Learn from the experts at a local event
Speaking of the Rubbish Trip - they’re coming to Wellington!
Join them at the Central Park Apartments in Brooklyn on Saturday 31 July for their free 90-minute workshop, Living without a Rubbish Bin: the world of zero waste.
We’re proud to support this event and everyone is welcome, whether you’re a resident of the Central Park Apartments or not.
Find out more on the Facebook event.
Want to find other ways to get involved this Plastic Free July?
- Join 326 million participants world-wide and take the challenge on the Plastic Free July website as an individual or group.
- Visit the Wasteminz website and play the plastic free whare game to go in the draw to win exciting prizes.
- For more information about reducing your waste, visit our website.
Watch out each Friday for a fun list of five great activities to do, places to explore, or things to discover in our awesome city.