The ten successful applicants were allocated $304,500 for this round.
Chair of the Subcommittee, Councillor Sarah Free, says resilience is a big focus of the fund.
“Earthquake strengthening has always been a challenge for our city, and even more so since the November quake last year. We’ve got a lot of work to do to build a really resilient city but with BHIF and the other funds available, we're making progress,” says Cr Free.
The next funding round closes the start of August and Council heritage advisors are available to advise whether a building project is likely to meet the criteria. "I'd encourage owners of heritage buildings that need earthquake strengthening or have maintenance issues related to heritage to contact our staff for advice," adds Cr Free.
The successful applicants are:
| Former Cambridge Terrace Post Office – 21-23 Cambridge Terrace
| Mibar Building (Former Racing Conference Building) - 85 Victoria Street
| Jaycee Building – 99 Willis Street
| 119 Cuba Street
| 41 Tarikaka Street
| Beere House – 32 Tinakori Road
| Former Mt Cook Police Barracks – 13 Buckle Street
| Emeny House - 1 Ranfurly Terrace
| The Wedge - 20 Glenbervie Terrace
| T.G. McCarthy Building – 58-60 Cuba Street and 54-56 Cuba Street
*All grants over $100,000 are subject to approval from the City Strategy Committee which will be on 13 April for this round.
The new funding round is open, and closes for applications Tuesday 1 August 2017.