The Regulatory Processes Committee will meet on Wednesday 14 December 2022 to consider the following temporary road closure for Events.
Island Bay festival - Sunday 12 February 2023
6am - 6pm road closure:
- Reef Street (between the Esplanade and The Parade)
- The Esplanade (between Derwent Street and Brighton Street)
- Island Bay Festival Parade
Rolling lane closures Sunday 12 February 2023 10.30am - 11.15 am:
- Avon Street (The Parade then into Reef Street)
Newtown festival side street showcase
Back up alternative to the full Newtown Festival
Saturday 4 March 2023 to Sunday 5 March 2023 9am to 10pm or Saturday 1 April 2023 to Sunday 2 April 2023 9am to 10.00pm.
- Emmett Street (all of Emmett Street)
- Wilson Street (from no 5 (not including their driveway) including off street public carpark. Note: During this Wilson Street Closure the open segment of this block of Wilson Street to Daniell Street becomes two-way as it does on Newtown Festival Day)
- Newtown Avenue (from no 15 to no 23 inclusive)
- Donald Mclean Laneway (at Donald Mclean Street)
- Gordon Place (from no 7 to North end of Gordon Place)
Round the Bays - Sunday 19 February 2023
Road closure 6.30am - 12 noon:
- Cable Street (Between Jervois Quay and Oriental Parade - except for the right hand lane which will be open from Chaffers Street t Kent Terrace)
7am - 11am:
- The right hand lane is to remain open allowing traffic from Chaffers New World to turn right into Kent Terrace.
- Oriental Parade (all of Oriental Parade 7.15 - 11am)
- Evans Bay Parade (between Cobham Drive and Kilbirnie Crescent 7.15am to 12 noon)
- Wellington Road (one way east between Crawford Raod and Ruahine Street from 7.15 to 12 noon)
- Shelley Bay Road (all of Shelley Bay Road 7.30am to 12 noon)
- Massey Road (between Shelley Bay Road and approximately Point Gordon from 7.30am to 12 noon)
- All arterial roads joining Evans Bay Parade closed 7.15am to 12 noon.
- Hataitai - Taurima Street and Goa Street - no entry into Hataitai from 7.15am to 11.30, traffic can exit from Hataitai.
- Kilbirnie Crescent/Hamilton Road/Wellington Road - Intersection to Evans Bay Parade/Cobham Drive Wellington road intersection road closure from 7.15am to 12.30pm (northbound) 7.15am to 11.30am (southbound)
Any person objecting to a proposed road closure must:
Contact the City Council in writing before 4pm, Friday 2 December 2022.
Please send correspondence to Street Activities at mailing address P O Box 2199 Wellington or by email Street.firstname.lastname@example.org
This proposed road closure is subject to the Government Covid-19 guidelines regarding events of this nature.