We’re considering granting five new leases on reserve and Town Belt land for existing community and recreation groups:
Proposed new leases
1. New lease for Johnsonville Rugby Football Club at Helston Park, Johnsonville
Johnsonville Rugby Football Club have been based at Helston Park since the 1970s, and their building provides a changing rooms, and green room, and an upstairs social area.
2. New lease for Worser Bay Life Saving Club at Scorching Bay Clubrooms, 323 Massey Road
Worser Bay Life Saving Club patrol Scorching Bay in summer. The new lease will enable the club to patrol more effectively, with secure storage for IRB and shelter in inclement weather. The club will retain their lease at Worser Bay.
3. New lease for Playcentre Aotearoa at 23 Crawford Green, Miramar
Playcentre Aotearoa has leased 23 Crawford Green since Council built the premises in 1989. In 2022 the lease expired, and PA has requested a new lease.
4. New lease for Netball Wellington Centre at Hataitai Park
Netball Wellington Centre coordinate tournament netball for the Wellington region on the neighbouring netball courts, and NWC’s pavilion supports this by providing a canteen, changing rooms, and umpire room.
5. New lease for Kilbirnie Tennis Club at 14 Crawford Road, Kilbirnie
Kilbirnie Tennis Club have been based at 14 Crawford Road since 1933. The leased area comprises of a small pavilion and 5 tennis courts. The club’s current lease is due for expiry in June 2023.
Leases are managed pursuant to Council’s Lease Policy for Community and Recreation Groups.
If you have any comments or concerns, please get in touch:
- By email to: PSRLeasing@wcc.govt.nz
- By letter to:
Community Recreation Leases Advisor
Parks, Sport and Recreation
Wellington City Council
PO Box 2199
- In person to:
Wellington City Council
Level 16, reception
113 The Terrace, Wellington
All submissions must be received by 5.00pm on Monday, 12 June 2023.
Note: All submissions (including names but not contact details) are provided in their entirety to elected members, and will be made available to the public at our office and on our website.
Your personal information will also be used for the administration of the consultation process, including informing you of the outcome of the consultation.
All information collected will be held by Wellington City Council, 113 The Terrace, Wellington. You have the right to access and correct your personal information.
All submissions must contain:
- your name, postal address, telephone number and email address (if applicable)
- details of the proposal you are submitting on
- whether you support or oppose the proposal
- what aspects of the proposal you are neutral towards (if any)
- your submission statement, with reasons.
If you have any questions about the submissions or lease process, please contact a Community Recreation Advisor – email PSRLeasing@wcc.govt.nz