The District Plan is Council’s key statutory planning document controlling where activities can locate and how land can be used, developed and subdivided. It has been prepared in accordance with the Resource Management Act 1991.
The Proposed District Plan implements the National Policy Statement on Urban Development and Resource Management (Enabling Housing Supply and Other Matters) Amendment Act 2021, and will enable additional housing intensification and urban development in Wellington.
Submissions closed on 12 September 2022 and 497 submissions were received.
Viewing submissions and the summary of submissions
These can be viewed on our Proposed District Plan submissions page.
Summary of Submissions
The summary of submissions is a concise summary of all the submissions that have been received. The summaries clearly set out District Plan changes the submitters want to see. They are summarised by submitter and by topic/chapter. Each submission has been numbered and every decision requested has been assigned a unique submission point reference number.
A further submission is a submission made in support of, or opposition to, another person or party’s submission. Further submissions must be limited to those matters raised in submissions. The structure of the further submission form is dictated by Form 6 of the Resource Management (Forms, Fees, and Procedure) Regulations 2003. It provides an opportunity to assess the effect an original submission may have on you, and to have your views considered by the Council alongside the original submission.
The following persons may make a further submission in support of or in opposition to a submission:
- Any person representing a relevant aspect of the public interest;
- Any person who has an interest in the plan greater than the interest that the general public has; or
- The local authority itself.
How to make a Further Submission:
There are two ways you can make a further submission:
1. By downloading and filling out our further submission form (131KB PDF)
Once completed send to:
2. By collecting a further submission form from one of our libraries, and sending it to one of these addresses:
Wellington City Council
PO Box 2199
Personal or courier delivery:
District Planning Team, Level 16
Wellington City Council
113 The Terrace
Wellington Central 6011
Guidance on making a further submission:
- Your further submission must include the information required by Form 6, including an address for service and whether or not you wish to be heard.
- A copy of your further submission must be served on the original submitter whom it affects within 5 working days after it is served on Wellington City Council. A list of submitter contact details can be found on the above website link.
- If you are unsure whether you can make a further submission, or if you would like to speak to a Council officer directly about how to make a further submission, feel free to call 021 198 7136 or email: email@example.com
- If you would like independent assistance with your further submission, the Council has a ‘Friend of the Submitter Service’. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 027 803 0080
Further Submissions are open from Monday 21 November and close at 5pm on Friday 2 December 2022.
Additional information and guidance on further submissions and the process for public participation with respect to the PDP is available in the Proposed District Plan section of our website.