Road Stopping - 12 and 14 Hohiria Road, Hataitai

Status Closed
Start date 29 July 2016
Closed date 12 September 2016
Location Adjoins 12 and 14 Hohiria Road, Hataitai
Area 77m2

Description of proposal

Wellington City Council, under section 342(1) of the Local Government Act 1974, proposes to ‘stop’ a 77m² portion of unformed legal road in Hohiria Road, Hataitai.

The Council no longer requires this land for road purposes.

The land (Sections 1 - 4 SO 499180) adjoins 12 and 14 Hohiria Road, Hataitai (Lot 72 and 73 DP 2529, CFRs WN245/110 and WN255/25). Once the 77m² of legal road land is stopped Sections 1 and 2 will be sold to the owners of 12 and 14 Hohiria Road, Hataitai, and the land titles amalgamated. Sections 3 and 4 will remain in Council ownership.

Any future buildings or activities on the land will be governed by the Wellington City Council District Plan once stopped. 


Public Notice (20KB PDF) | Text version (46KB RTF)

Area Survey Plan (36KB PDF)

Aerial View (344KB PDF)

Report to Regulatory Committee (567KB PDF)

A copy of the above documents is also available from:

  • Central Library
    (Level 2) 65 Victoria Street
  • City Service Centre
    Ground Floor
    Wellington City Council Offices
    101 Wakefield Street


To object to the proposed road stopping, you can:

  • send it in writing to:
    John Vriens
    Property Services 
    Wellington City Council
    PO Box 2199 
    Wellington 6140
  • deliver it in person to: 
    Wellington City Council reception 
    Ground Floor 
    101 Wakefield Street 


All objections must be received by 5pm, Monday 12 September 2016.

Minimum requirements

All submissions must contain:

  • your name, postal address, telephone number and email address (if applicable)
  • details of the proposal you are submitting on 
  • whether you support or oppose the proposal 
  • what aspects of the proposal you are neutral towards (if any) 
  • your submission statement, with reasons
  • the decision you would like Wellington City Council to make 
  • whether you would like to make an oral submission to Councillors, to support your written submission.