Reserves Act 1997 - Silverstream Road, Crofton Downs

Status Closed
Start date 26 October 2016
Closed date 28 November 2016
Location Huntleigh Park Reserve at 64 Silverstream Road, Crofton Downs

Pursuant to Sections 119 and 120 of the Reserves Act 1977, Wellington City Council proposes to grant a stormwater easement at 64 Silverstream Road, Crofton Downs (Huntleigh Park Reserve) under section 48 of the Act.

Huntleigh Park Reserve land at 64 Silverstream Road is a scenic reserve under section 19 (1) (A) being held in Gazette B 040427.1

Parklane Infrastruct Ltd has been developing a residential subdivision at 131 Silverstream Road. The stormwater from the residential development will be carried through a 1600mm pipe along Silverstream Road and then under the grassed area in Huntleigh Park Reserve and into the Silverstream a tributary of the Kaiwharawhara Stream.

The effects of this stormwater discharge into the stream will be minimised through design of a system that controls maximum flow with stormwater exiting onto an energy dissipation bed. The proposed work would be recorded by way of registered easement.

There will be no effect on the recreational use of the park.


Public Notice (32KB PDF)Text version (35KB RTF)
Aerial view of Huntleigh Park easement (2MB PDF)
Approval of Stormwater easement over Huntleigh Park Reserve (134KB PDF)
Technical details of proposed stormwater pipe (134KB PDF)

Make a submission

If you have any queries, objections or would like to make a submission, you can send us your comments:

  • by letter to: 
    Michael Oates
    Wellington City Council
    PO Box 2199
    Wellington 6140

Minimum requirements

All submissions must contain:

  • your name, postal address, telephone number and email address (if applicable)
  • details of the proposal you are submitting on
  • whether you support or oppose the proposal
  • what aspects of the proposal you are neutral towards (if any)
  • your submission statement, with reasons
  • the decision you would like Wellington City Council to make
  • whether you would like to make an oral submission to Councillors, to support your written submission.