Ōwhiro Bay concept plan (4.3MB PDF)
The proposed concept plan includes:
- New swing set
- New junior module with dual slides
- Addition of two picnic tables
- Artificial turf around play equipment to enhance accessibility
- Refreshed signage explaining the history of Manu Whenua at the site
- A childproof gate at the entrance of the play area, similar to the current gate on site.
The Ōwhiro Bay play area is considered a neighbourhood play area, which provides a handy place for a quick play and play opportunities targeting at least one age group.
This type of play area is for the local neighbourhood within a 600-metre walking distance.
You can read more about Wellington City Council’s strategic vision and planning for play areas in Wellington in the Play Spaces Policy (2017).
Following consultation, the following final designs have been produced: