Please note, we may need to close facilities at short notice. Follow Facebook or Twitter for updates. Visit Service and facilities at Orange for more information.
Report a problem
Do it online
The Act allows councils to collect fees to recover the total cost of its alcohol licensing functions.
In 2017/18 the fees recovered by the Council covered 68 percent of the licensing costs with the additional 32 percent being made up from rates. In 2019 the Council increased the fees to achieve approximately 71 percent cost recovery, and signalled it would increase the level of fees to 85 percent of the costs incurred in 2020.
This proposal was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown. The Council also worked to rebate fees as a result of hardship caused by the COVID-19 lockdown.
The Council consulted on increasing the fees for licences with high and very high-risk ratings by $1,000 and $2,000 respectively for both application and annual fees. This will allow the Council to achieve its aim of reaching 85 percent of costs recovered. The remaining 15 percent will be paid from rates.
Full statement of proposal (1.2MB PDF)