The Cockayne Lawn at Ōtari-Wilton's Bush in Wilton is an ideal venue for intimate outdoor weddings.
- $105 per hour. Fees are non-refundable after booking is confirmed.
- Available for weddings by prior arrangement
- Public toilets are available at the nearby Ōtari Information Centre.
- Car parking is available nearby at the main car park on Wilton Road.
- Wheelchair access is available from the main car park on Wilton Road.
Notes and hireage conditions
- Ōtari-Wilton's Bush is primarily a public botanic garden and remains open to the public at all times.
- Weddings must be pre-booked, including time for setting up and clearing away.
- Confetti, rice, flower petals, bird seed and glitter are not permitted.
- No indoor, wet-weather alternative is available at Ōtari-Wilton's Bush for weddings.
- No electricity is available at the Cockayne Lawn.
- No vehicle access is available to the Cockayne Lawn.
- Up to 20 chairs without spikes may be used on Cockayne Lawn but not on the paths around the area.
- No marquees, gazebos or awnings are allowed.
To request a booking at this venue, complete our online form:
Request a booking
If you've already secured a booking and have been issued a reference number, you can pay online.
Pay a booking fee