This community centre will be a place for people to connect with each other and participate in various events and activities. It's part of The Pōneke Promise, a community-driven initiative aimed at improving safety in the central city.
The centre will be located at 107 Manners Street, Te Aro.
Expressions of interest for the management of the centre are now open.
About the space
As part of the Council’s commitment to wellbeing, the Central City Community Centre Project will deliver:
- a safe and welcoming space for our diverse communities to socialise, play, study, create, and feel a sense of ownership and belonging.
- a dynamic and adaptive programme of events, workshops, and opportunities for youth, seniors, and families.
- facilitation of connection between people and other organisations or services that will support the needs of the inner-city communities.
Role of the partner organisation
The successful applicant will manage the day-to-day operations of the community centre.
Management of the space will include:
- Staffing of the space (hours to be determined)
- Supervision of all people in attendance during open hours (days to be determined)
- Coordination of structured and unstructured activities and equipment in the space
- Coordination of programmes and events held in the space
- Management and minimisation of misbehaviour or conflict
- Referral to/and or promotion of other organisations and services available across the city.
The location and lease for the community centre has been confirmed by the Council, and the naming of the space will be developed by the Council through a consultation process with mana whenua.
The successful applicant may have the opportunity to co-design the space, however that is dependent on timing around awarding the service agreement and progress on construction.
The successful applicant will demonstrate/give examples of experience, knowledge, and skills, in the following areas:
- Working with diverse communities, and experience in managing a busy, vibrant facility
- Must show evidence of financial competency, strong governance, human resources practises and risk management
- Must share the vision for the space and its kaupapa, and how they will include community led development in shaping this vision
- Providing an inclusive, culturally competent service, open to all backgrounds and demographics, and exhibiting strong commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Knowledge, understanding and commitment to community-led development principles
- Managing and responding to issues that may be expected to arise
- Developing an effective programme of opportunities for the central city communities
- Managing a team and supporting staff to work effectively with diverse communities
- An understanding of the Pōneke Promise and how to work with other partner organisations and stakeholders to make our city safe
Please note that we would prefer examples of experience with similar scale, complexity and partnering approach. With expressions of interest, we are seeking proposals that provide us with evidence and experience from potential partner organisations. We do not require a fully costed proposal at this stage.
The preferred format of proposal is:
- Summary (1-2 pages)
- Projected budget (rough estimate)
- Contact and business details to be included:
- Business or Trading name
- Business/Trading address
- Directors (if relevant)
- Primary contact person – name, phone and email
- References (2 minimum)
- 30 September 2021: Expression of interest process opens
- 30 November 2021: Expression of interest closes
- Week of 17 December 2021: Preferred shortlisted partner organisations will be provided with further information to further develop their proposal
- Early January 2022: Preferred shortlisted partner organisations will be invited to present their formal proposal to The Panel
- Early to mid-January 2022: Preferred shortlisted partner organisation will be invited to apply through our Funding Portal.
- Mid to late January 2022: Service agreement agreed upon, and detailed contract developed and signed.
The links below provide more background on this project and may be helpful to read through before you make a start and on your expression of interest:
Email your expression of interest to email@example.com
Donna Wilson, Community Services
Phone: 04 499 4444